Our next promotion test will be Saturday, 11 December at 10am for the higher ranking testing students. The draft test list is up on the cork board if you have not seen it yet. Please make sure you attend on the day you are assigned or make arrangements otherwise. For those that have been in the beginner class since the beginning of the year and have been regularly attending, for the most part plan on testing. Please fill out test forms and pay fees prior to the test. As usual, make sure your tuition is also current to be qualified to test. Congratulations!
We had two successful test sessions on Sat, 13 Feb 2021. Vaughn was our Outstanding student. Congratulations.
On 12 Dec 2020, Lee’s Martial Arts Bloomington conducted a promotion test for kup and dan students. Promoted in Tae Kwon-do were Avery, Louisa, Zach, Martin, Liz, Todd, Richard, and Mr. Fazel was promoted to Youth Black Belt (1st Kup). Marco also was promoted in Hapkido. Welcome Ms. Fazel as our newest adult black belt. Promoted in dan rank in Tae Kwon-do were Mr. Arnaudo (2nd Dan), Mr. Phelps (2nd Dan), Mr. Tieman (3rd Dan), and Ms. Krieger (3rd Dan).
Newly Promoted Kup Students
Newly Promoted Black Belts
12 Dec – Promotion Test starts at 10am and will run for an hour for Kups (color belts) and longer for Dans (black belts). We will need to limit attendance so can only allow immediate family members of the same household to attend. We will also stream live on Facebook. Congratulations to all testing. Your have worked extra hard this year and we look forward to seeing you shine.
14 Dec – Makeup test at 6pm if required.
24-26 Dec – Closed for Christmas. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
1 Jan – A New Year. We will be closed that Friday.
Reminder!! Lee’s will be closed 26-28 (Thur-Sat) November for Thanksgiving.
Our YMCA test will be Friday, 20 Nov at 630pm, so no Friday 6pm classes.
We also are gearing up for our last test of the year on Saturday, 12 December at 10am. There will be no classes that day and it will include several testing for black belts. Watch for a test list coming up soon.
A big thank you for all that have helped make this successful. Please continue to be vigilant and STAY HOME if you feel ill, think you may have be in contact, or are under contract tracing. For those that have stayed with us through the Live Streaming classes, we thank you for your support and dedication. Reserve your spot in class.
Little Tigers will be on indefinite break. For those Tigers that are 8 and older, you may come to the Beginners classes.
We intend to continue Live Streaming at least 3 classes a week as well for those that cannot attend yet. We offer enough classes and are a diverse in rank that we should be able to accommodate everyone.
To attend, please respond to the appropriate Kicksite Events you will receive each week in email form. You only need to respond to the classes times you want to attend. If you show, and we full, you will be asked to go home.
1. Class size is limited to 20 students for physical spacing requirements.
2. Students must attend their appropriate classes unless assisting in instruction. This was the intent all along but now with the space limitations, we need to adhere to it.
– Beginning students – white to blue – 510pm
– Advanced students – blue to black – 6pm
– Open classes are Wed at 5pm and Sat at 1200pm
3. Hand sanitizer at door for all that enter and exit to use.
4. Masks must be worn in the school. So, please bring and wear your clean mask.
5. Stay at home if you are sick or unsure if you are sick (we all know the COVID-19 symptoms by now). You can watch a Facebook class.
6. No physical contact and be aware of your space
7. Dressing rooms will be closed so come to class dressed
8. Water fountain will be closed, so bring your own water bottle
9. Lobby seating is limited, so please plan to drop off and pick up
10. We will sanitize equip if used.
11. We will also sanitize common touched are:
12. As always, be kind and respectful. This will be different and not perfect. Bear with us as we work out the logistics. Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water.
13. If you sneeze or cough, do so in your elbow or a tissue. Toss the tissue and wash or sanitize your hands.
Welcome two new 1st dan black belts . Ms. Langjahr and Ms. Yang both successfully tested for their 1st dan black belt. Both have trained consistently and hard for the past many years to achieve this goal. Congratulations. Our Outstanding Student of the test was Anna.